shining the light of God for all to see

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sacrifice is the road traveled on the journey to your destiny

Sacrifice Is The Road Traveled On The Journey To Your Destiny.

"Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, 'O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.'"Matthew 26:42 (NKJV)

No one understood the principle of sacrifice more than Jesus. As you see in the verse stated above, Jesus' only road to His divine destiny was the cross, with the ultimate sacrifice – His life! God calls us to imitate Christ and rely on Him as our divine example. God has a plan for every one of us...but that plan is only fulfilled as we willingly surrender our lives. Jesus does not allow anyone to follow Him without them first being willing to give up their life.
Along with several thousands of Palestinian Jewish volunteers, Moshe Dayan (who served as liaison officer with the British in Jerusalem ) helped organize a daring mission during World War II. Sacrificing all comfort and ease, these volunteers (clearly risking their lives) successfully parachuted German Jews into occupied countries, aiding in the return of downed British pilots. A great sacrifice--a wonderful mission: extremely hazardous, nonetheless.
Everything worth pursuit requires you to pay a price. Abraham became a friend of God, but it did not happen until he was willing to sacrifice his son. Paul is known as one of the greatest apostles of all time, but he was harshly beaten, hideously whipped, stoned nearly to death, and brutally persecuted. We all want to reach the destiny God has for us, but only those willing to pay the sacrificial price ever experience it.
Daily Confession
Father, I thank You that You placed within me the same spirit that dwells in Jesus. I understand that the road to my divine destiny requires a sacrificial life. I willingly give up my life to serve You all my days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bubbles said...

Yes, everything worth pursuing requires a sacrifice.. As I shared with you regarding my job, it was a sacrifice to humble myself in my attitude and take on "lowly" tasks which really put to death my pride. It was a painful journey like Jesus going to His cross, and now, as a partaker of His suffering, I go to my own cross. But when I come forth stronger, I shall be a partaker of His divine glory too :)

November 24, 2007 at 3:37 PM

 
Blogger Bubbles said...

Yes, everything worth pursuing requires a sacrifice.. As I shared with you regarding my job, it was a sacrifice to humble myself in my attitude and take on "lowly" tasks which really put to death my pride. It was a painful journey like Jesus going to His cross, and now, as a partaker of His suffering, I go to my own cross. But when I come forth stronger, I shall be a partaker of His divine glory too :)

November 24, 2007 at 3:38 PM

 
Blogger Sebas_Mighty Soldier of KOG said...

:) big thing come from small little things that success along the way.

Its just like i want to be a U student, but only if i can successfully go through all the lower level then i can be qualify to be U student. all the struggles, hard work, that i manage to go through all those years in the lower level, so that then i can handle the work in the U. You agree? :)

all the scope that you are handling, it may be the progress that you need to familar with, so that when you are promoted to do a greater task, then you will know how to make things happen and get things done. Manage your expectation, otherwise discouragement will come in. Discouragement is like a weight on the shoulder that will hinder your walk in the journey. Must careful... :) dont let anyone or any inner voice come in and make you despise yourself. Keep walking, keep doing right, keep working hard, you will have the fruits of your labor. :)

As much as you feeling doing little, indeed you have he desire to do great. I believe you can. Remember, step by step, glory to glory. You sure can.

November 25, 2007 at 12:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home