shining the light of God for all to see

Friday, November 16, 2007

Powerful Carola

It was such an uplifting performance by Carola, the Scandinavian superstar at our home church last weekend. Her voice was so powerful and full of the anointing as she lunged out songs like "Invincible" and "I Believe In Love". I loved especially how she would introduce the background of every song, and how the song would relate to her relationship with God.

One thing that impacted me the most was when she shared how Pst Ulf prophesied to her to prepare herself 2 years before she participated in the Eurovision contest, which is liken to the American idol contest in our context today. She shared how one day, she knelt down at her kitchen table in the middle of doing her assignments, and cried out to God that she will surrender everything to Him. Later, she took part in the Eurovision 1991 and emerged as champion.

After that, I went home and did a little "research" at youtube, hoping to find some videos on Carola. To my gladness, I found the video on young Carola's song performance in the Eurovision 1991! I thought it was an amazing song she did... You can watch her winning performance at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGthdv_N8zQ

Here's an even more amazing thing... I found another video announcing the winner for Eurovision 1991. After tabulating the scores, guess what? Carola from Sweden was actually on equal score with another contestant from France. Both scored 46 points! The judges decided to go on votes to decide the champion... then the intense atmosphere of awaiting the results... and finally, the winning champion goes to Carola from Sweden! Exhilaration was in the air as they celebrated the new crowned champion. Catch this at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxlJVGTtCZo&feature=related

I was so moved in my heart because I was reminded of this verse in the Bible...

"Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them."
- Ps 139:16 (NKJV)

God already knew Carola'a destiny even before she became a star. He deposited a talent of singing within her, prepared her and launched her into the entertainment industry through Eurovision. He already knew that she would win the contest not a year before that, nor the year after that, but exactly in 1991. He also knew that Carola would face such a stiff competitor and by the miraculous hand of God, she would emerge champion and begin her life as a secular singer to the influence she holds today in her world.

My mind almost blew off. That means who I will be in 2 years' time.. 5 years' time.. 10 years' time.. 20 years' time have already been fashioned and written in God's book entitled "Book of Fann". Though I can't see all that I would be, but the blueprint has already been established. And as long as I stay close to the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, as long as I keep hearing and obeying the word, I will ultimately see the final product of my life, according to what has been designed for me by God. Made-to-measure, unique and original.

That means there are books in the gigantic library of God entitled "Book of Yah Lan", "Book of June", "Book of Sebastian", "Book of Eunice", "Book of Chingling", "Book of Wai Sin", "Book of Mike", "Book of Emily", "Book of Kasey", "Book of Janice", "Book of Rebecca", "Book of Ophelia", "Book of Claudia", "Book of Celine", "Book of Alana", "Book of Sherlyn", "Book of Alison", Book of Eric", "Book of Helen", "Book of Isabel", "Book of Leslie"..... and many, many others more!

Each is given different gifts, talents and abilites, planted as seeds in different areas of the marketplace. All have a special made-to-measure destiny unique to each's personality, gifts and experiences.

But what we all have in common is this : We are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill that cannot be hidden.

May we all fulfill the destiny that God has given to us, and emitting not a little lesser than the full glory that God has conceived in His mind for us before time begun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sebas_Mighty Soldier of KOG said...

Hi Fann, good message. I like that part when you mentioned "God already knew Carola'a destiny even before she became a star. He deposited a talent of singing within her", which i totally agree. God had a calling for us, and we need to know what has God called us to do and to be in this earth time, and we shall put our focus on it. Then the things that we do pertaining to the calling, will then be effective and efficient, because like what you say, God will put the talent in us in that area that we are called for. :)

November 17, 2007 at 2:19 AM

 
Blogger soyabean said...

I like the part about been the light of the world, a city set on a hill that cannot be hidden. And with all the many interesting books, I'm sure God also has another relatively new book in His library called the Book of N394 telling the stories of a mob of wacky people being called together to shine for the world. :)

November 17, 2007 at 9:55 AM

 
Blogger bubbles said...

To MSOKOG: Yes i agree, these few days God been speaking to me to really stir up the gift within me cos the more I use it, the better I become. When we all do that, we will rise another notch up higher in value to society...

To Soyabean: I am sure we have the Book of N394, telling our existence, our impact and....more! As a cg :)

November 18, 2007 at 3:34 PM

 
Blogger Sebas_Mighty Soldier of KOG said...

yes, lets us go all the way for God. you know, i have this thing impress in my heart. As much as wanting to be great, do great things, have great breakthrough, there is only one objective, that is to use this as a weapon to cause a impact to people around us, leading them to KOG. And this is one objective to live in this earth time. Jesus came to this earth to save the loss, we are born to this earth are also called for the same purpose. Hee... am i like very preachy ar?? ha.. :) but thats is in my heart. :) lets us jiayou.. He is coming back very soon, and those whom are not saved, will then be too late.

November 18, 2007 at 8:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home