shining the light of God for all to see

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

God of all comfort

Angela, my German ex-housemate emailed me and I thought I like to share her heart-warming little testimony here.

Angela is currently going through a rough patch in life: she has to look for a new place to live because our old apartment is going to be renovated soon; it is problematic in her job with her boss, on top of that she has problem getting along with a rude colleague; her insomnia is not getting any better. But at this low point in life, amongst all her problems and frustrations, God did something for her.

(Translated from German):
"... Yesterday at noon, my colleague insulted me so much so that I said, I will not hear such things anymore and walked off. Sinking in misery, I stood by the edge of the forest when a lady with two horses came by. I looked longingly after her as she passed by. On her way back, I was still sitting there - and she spoke to me, asking if she could do anything for me. I told her briefly about my situation and she asked me, if I could ride. I was so happy and replied, yes! And we rode off (I was lost in reverie). After a while, I found out that she is a believer too. Isn't God wonderful? He knows how badly I felt and sent me this Christian lady (Anke) plus two hours of horse ride (there's a saying:"The greatest happiness on earth lies on the back of horses")! This incident really comforted me in my situation. I wish you such godsend moments from God and strength for the days."

This is just a simple testimony but it really touched my heart when I read it - how God arranged this special moment and ride (a Christian lady with 2 horses passing by, where got such coincidence!? More like divine arrangement!) for Angela at a time when she was feeling very down. Indeed, I am reminded of how caring our heavenly Father is towards us, showering us richly with His comfort when we are down.
2 Cor 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort. 4. who comforts us in all our tribulation. That we may be able to comfort those in any sort of tribulation through the comfort with which we ourselves are being comforted by God.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sebas_Mighty Soldier of KOG said...

Hi Soya Bean, great testimony. God is Good. This incident is divine. :) Amen ;)

October 31, 2007 at 12:57 AM

 
Blogger Bubbles said...

Hey, i remember Pst Bill Wilson came with a controversial message to our church one time which is titled "God doesn't love everybody the same" Isn't God supposed to love everybody the same? Well, no. Because at the lowest point of my life, I needed to know that God loves me a little more than the rest of the people. I guess this was what Angela needed to know - that God loves her a little more than the rest of the people, by this God-arranged experience in the midst of a raging storm :) God is good, all the time!

November 4, 2007 at 12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home