shining the light of God for all to see

Friday, October 12, 2007

TGIF

When I first heard of the term TGIF, I thought it one cool term. Thank God it's Friday! Thank you God, indeed. That the long week is ending and weekend is just round the corner. Another alternative for the acronym is Terribly Gleeful it's Friday. Maybe it's for people who doesn't want to acknowledge there's God or thank Him for Friday although they are terribly happy about it being Friday anyway. Whatever.

Recently, I heard of another meaning for this well known acronym: Today God is First. Well, indeed. Does it sound as cool? Probably not. But it has definitely more signifance. Thank God it's Friday is only applicable once every week. And though it does boost your happiness level (I hope it does?!) by a bit, it doesn't really do much for you. Except probably makes you dread Monday more. Whereas TGIF in Today God is First is an everyday reminder of where my priorities should be. Now, whenever I heard or read the term TGIF, I am reminded once and again - Today God is First. In decision making, in my choice of actions, in my list of priorities. And thank God it's Friday, too! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home