shining the light of God for all to see

Monday, October 8, 2007

The Environment I Accept Determines The Person I Become. (By Pastor Robb Thomson)

“But they delight in doing everything the Lord wants; day and night they think about His law. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season without fail. Their leaves never wither, and in all they do, they prosper.” Psalm 1:2-3 (NLT)

By embracing this principle, we understand the importance of maintaining God’s presence. I personally consider the morning hour as the gauge for the rest of my day. I always begin my day by pursuing God’s presence. I then carefully maintain His presence throughout the day. The progress and success of my day is methodically linked to the time I spend with God in the morning. A bowl of salt water sits upon every Passover table. What does it represent? The salty water represents the tears that were shed by those who made the trek to the Promised Land, the environment that would determine that the Jews were truly the people of God. We must surround ourselves with God’s presence, either by listening to the Word of God or playing worship music. Our environment determines our progress, just as getting to the Promised Land determined the progress of the Jews. As Christians, our desire should be to intimately know God, and to possess the character of Christ. To do so, we need to create the proper environment. While a farmer must cultivate the soil before planting seed, we must create an atmosphere in which our life can be shaped into the likeness of our Lord. We must make a commitment to create the environment that assures us of future progress.

Daily Confession
Father, I thank You that I do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand in the way of sinners, or join in with scoffers. My delight and desire is in Your Word, and I habitually meditate and orally recite Your Word day and night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home