shining the light of God for all to see

Friday, November 9, 2007

Arise & Build Testimony - Baby Harvest


I've yet to pay my first pledge instalment but have already received a baby harvest today. Baby because it's just the beginning. The baby will grow, ya know! ;)

Actually right up to the service last weekend, I was still uncertain of how much I want to give and what amount to pledge. Taking the advice from Sebas, I minus off my fixed expenses from my total income and from what's left over, I decided to give a portion to God. However, after writing down my amount in the pledge card, I still didn't feel good about it. It was a substantial amount to me, but the problem was, I didn't feel the pinch. Though I would have to give up somethings after pledging, I was still in my comfort zone. It didn't require any faith from me to give that amount. While people were standing up and praying, ready to drop their cards into the bucket, I was still deliberating and asking, "God, is that what You want from me?!" And there and than, an amount came to my mind which made me go, "Siao!" (that's just how I responded to God, sometimes) Now, this amount requries faith, considering all my bills and instalments. It's financially illogical for me to give that. But suddenly, I felt God asked me, do you trust Me? I took a deep breath. And felt like how Peter must have felt when Jesus asked him to walk on water. Do I trust God enough to step out of my boat? Hey, it's water out there! God, are You crazy?!

But yes. I could sit in my comfy little boat or I could step out and have a adventure of a lifetime with Jesus. I wanted the later. So I sat down quickly, dug out my pen, scratched out the old amount and filled in the new. The moment I did that, the joy came. I knew I had made the right choice, done the right thing. I have stepped out of the boat. I'm dancing with Jesus on water! It was exhilrating!

Okay. After the initial high on Saturday, I came back to reality. Welcome back to the world. The world of bills and expenses and instalments. Honestly, I get apprehensive. I wonder when and how God will provide because if He doesn't, I'm gonna sink and drown in the sea of bills.

Well, today out of the blue, I received an email that says that my idea has gotten the 1st prize for the Technology Day contest held in our organization some time back. I couldn't even remember what idea I gave! When I went to collect my prize, I was given an NTUC envelope. Great, must be a $20 voucher inside. $50 at most. But when I counted it, there was $150 worth of NTUC vouchers inside! Wow!

I really want to thank God for His timely providence. Though $150 is not the biggest amount, it's really a substantial amount to me right now, when every dollar counts. I can imagine how much grocery my mum can buy with it. And I believe, this is just the beginning of the harvest. So let us keep believing and not be weary of sowing into the Kingdom of God. For in due season, we shall reap a bountiful harvest!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bubbles said...

Really share in your joy! Nothing beats putting my faith on the line and see God bringin His word to pass. Glad you walked in obedience, cos God desires obedience than sacrifice. I trust that more is coming!!

November 11, 2007 at 12:13 AM

 
Blogger Sebas_Mighty Soldier of KOG said...

Congars Soya Bean, Big Success comes from small beginnings coming along the way. More to come, Soya. Must buy us yam yam ok? he... :)

November 17, 2007 at 2:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home